Collection of information
Information you provide us with
We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you create, modify or log into your account, seek help from us, submit information about your vehicles or otherwise communicate with us. This information can include name, e-mail, telephone number, postal address, payment information, vehicle registration information and other information that you provide to us.
Information we collect when using our services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following categories:
- Location information: As a condition for providing transportation, delivery or other services to Users via the Logistics.ONE platform, your exact location information must be provided to Aventeon via the app you are using. If the Logistics.ONE app has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we collect the exact location of your device when the app is open in the foreground or background.
- Transaction Information: We collect transactional data relating to the transport services (or other services) that you provide or perform through our platform, including the type of service that was provided or performed, the date and time the service was provided, the distance travelled, hours and other associated transactional data.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device (your own device or any device you have been provided with) including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identification code, battery status, serial numbers, device movement information and mobile network information.
- Telephone call and SMS data: Our Services enable communications between Users and Carriers. In connection with the provision of this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers and the content of the text message.
- Log Information: When you contact the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information such as the device’s IP address, access data and times, app features or page views, app crashes and other system activities, type of browser, and third party sites or services you used before you contacted our Services.
Important platform permissions information
Most mobile platforms (Android, etc.) have certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your approval. Android devices will notify you of the permissions requested by the Logistics.ONE app before you use it for the first time, and your use of the app constitutes your approval.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine it with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you use our Services through an account linked to a partner company, we may receive information about you from that partner company.
- Clients may provide us with a driver’s review or similar assessment of the service you provide to them.
- If you are also contacting our Services in another capacity, for example to request on-demand services as a User, or as a user of other apps that we may provide, we may combine that information or associate it with information that we have received from you in your capacity as a Carrier.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- provide, maintain and improve our Services, including, for example, enabling payments, sending receipts, providing products and services (and sending related information), developing new features, providing customer service to Users and Carriers, developing a security function, verifying users, sending product updates and administrative messages;
- perform internal work, including, for example, to prevent fraud and misuse of our Services; to resolve software bugs and operational problems; to perform data analysis, testing and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- send messages or enable communications (i) between you and a User (e.g., a customer) such as estimated arrival times (ETAs) or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals.
We may exchange the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or exchange, including as follows:
Through our services
We can exchange your information:
- with Users in connection with their request for transportation or other services; for example, we may exchange your name, photograph of your vehicle, vehicle licence, approximate location or location and certain contact information (depending on your location and applicable law); once you have provided the requested services, we will send to the User a receipt by e-mail or other means, which may include a statement of the amounts charged, your name, contact information, a map of the route you have taken and other transaction details;
- with other people, at your direction, in connection with a particular service, offer or promotion; or with third parties in order to provide you with a service that you have requested through a partnership or promotional offer made by a third party or by us;
- with the general public if you submit content to a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts or other features of our Services that are viewed by the general public;
- with third parties with whom we may share information from you, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or third parties with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- with your partner transport company and necessary third parties hired by us or by the partner company, if you use the Services through an account linked to a partner company.
Other important exchanges
We can exchange your information:
- with Logistics.ONE subsidiaries and affiliates that provide services or perform data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- with vendors, consultants, marketing partners and other service providers who need access to such information to perform work on our behalf;
- in response to a request for information by an appropriate authority if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, licenses, exploitation agreements, or legal process;
- with law enforcement officials, government agencies, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aventeon or others;
- in connection with or during negotiations for mergers, disposals of corporate assets, consolidations or restructurings, financings or acquisitions of all or any part of our business by or in any other business;
- if we inform you by other means and you consent to the exchange; and
- in an aggregated and/or anonymous form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools that allow you to share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites or media and vice versa. Your use of these features allows you to exchange information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you agree with the social sharing service. Please review the privacy policies of these social sharing services to learn more about how they handle the information you provide or share with them.
If you wish to know which of your data Aventeon has recorded or if you wish to amend or remove data that you cannot amend via your account, please contact Aventeon at .
Aventeon will comply with individual requests regarding access, correction and/or deletion of the personal data it stores, in accordance with applicable legislation.
Information about the location
We seek permission for our app to collect the exact locations of your device (your own device or one that has been provided to you) through the consent system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially approve the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, you will not be able to provide services on the Logistics.ONE platform if you disable our collection of precise location information.
Cookies and advertising
See our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices regarding cookies and related technologies.
Legal requests and preventing harm.
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Safety and security, international transfer.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.